Ph.D. Student of Computer Science and Engineering
- Machine Learning Group (Advisor: Prof. Seungjin Choi),Department of Computer Science and Engineering,Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH),77 Cheongam-ro, Nam-gu, Pohang-si 37673,Gyungsangbuk-do, Republic of Korea.
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +82-54-279-2924
- Fax: +82-54-279-2299
- Homepage: http://mlg.postech.ac.kr/~jtkim
- [2015.03.02 - Present] Ph.D. Course in Computer Science and Engineering, POSTECH
- [2010.03.02 - 2015.02.13] B.S. in Mechanical Engineering & Computer Science and Engineering, POSTECH
- [2007.03.02 - 2010.02.28] High School Graduate at Hansung Science High School
Current Research Interests
- Automation of Machine Learning
- Hyperparameter Optimization
- Bayesian Optimization
- Jungtaek Kim, Saehoon Kim, and Seungjin Choi. Learning to Transfer Initializations for Bayesian Hyperparameter Optimization. arXiv:1710.06219, Oct 17, 2017.
- Saehoon Kim, Jungtaek Kim, and Seungjin Choi. On the Optimal Bit Complexity of Circulant Binary Embedding. In Proceedings of the Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-2018), New Orleans, LA, USA, Feb 2-7, 2018. (acceptance rate=24.6%)
- Jungtaek Kim, Saehoon Kim, and Seungjin Choi. Learning to Transfer Initializations for Bayesian Hyperparameter Optimization. BayesOpt 2017 Workshop on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), Long Beach, CA, USA, Dec 9, 2017.
- Jungtaek Kim, Jongheon Jeong, and Seungjin Choi. AutoML System Using Random Space Partitioning Optimizer. The 15th KYUTECH-POSTECH Joint Workshop on Neuroinformatics, Pohang-si, Republic of Korea, Aug 23, 2016. (Oral presentation)
- Jungtaek Kim, Jongheon Jeong, and Seungjin Choi. AutoML Challenge: AutoML Framework Using Random Space Partitioning Optimizer. AutoML 2016 Workshop on International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), New York, NY, USA, Jun 24, 2016. (Special track, 3-page)
- YunKyung Park, KyungDuk Moon, Jungtaek Kim, Seungjin Choi. Recommendation Method to Make Combined Video from Video Segments. The Eighth International Conference on Emerging Networks and Systems Intelligence (EMERGING 2016), Venice, Italy, Oct 9-13, 2016.
Awards & Honor
- [2016.11.18] Best paper runner-up award for LG U+ in 2016 Fall Conference of Korea Business Intelligence Data Mining Society
- [2016.06.24] 3rd place in AutoML5 phase of AutoML Challenge
- [2014.07.03] Software Maestro (organized by Korea government (Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning & National IT Promotion Agency))
- [2010.03.02] Presidential Science Scholarship
- Conference reviewer: IJCNN 2017
- Samsung Electronics Device Solutions Business ML Course (Fall 2017, Summer 2017), POSCO Group AI Course (Spring 2017, Summer 2017), Automata & Formal Languages (Fall 2016)
- Machine Learning (Spring 2016)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Topics
- Interesting Topics
Last updated: Nov 18, 2017